Senior Sales Manager
The Senior Sales Manager will contribute globally to the growth and profitability of AbbVie’s Contract Manufacturing Organization (CMO) by driving and executing new business development opportunities in Operations Commercial Development. Responsible for contributing to the strategic business direction and opportunities assessment for the new business development team.
- Maximize sales and profit within assigned territory/area of focus by executing development or commercial contracts.
- Contribute to the development and achieve Sales/Margin Plan and Long Range Plan goals.
- Develop strategy of account development through the identification, scouting and progression of opportunities in identified areas of focus as identified by Operations or by Senior Management.
- Responsible for the quotation, financial justification and contract negotiation and completion of all facets of sales/business development. Independently engage functional area support, as required to complete these responsibilities.
- Demonstrated success in closing large complex deals without significant management support.
- Conduct and understand market influencers to drive AbbVie’s CMO competitive advantage in sectors defined as prime areas of interest by Operations. Connects business concepts to generate a winnable strategy.
- Identify, present and champion opportunities and business solutions within Operations Management for evaluation and decision to drive business award.
- Independently search for potential buyers; utilize lead generation tool and timely lead follow-up.
- Effectively sell to and communicate with senior executives in assigned accounts.
- Utilize and maintain Salesforce.com database to track account progress/sales activity.
- Manages within the sales team and is the agent of change for management initiatives.
- Interpret, report changing market dynamics in identified sectors to support winnable strategies on business initiatives.
- Customer support for development client and existing products. Act as key influencer for all contractual arrangements with assigned accounts.
- Must be capable of advocating all Operations products and technologies relevant to their assignment.
- Must possess thorough knowledge of healthcare dynamics, technologies, manufacturing competition and market dynamics positioning AbbVie effectively. Present AbbVie CMO effectively at client and trade events.
- BS degree in science (technical required).
- MBA in Business, Marketing or Finance is preferred.
- 5-8 years in pharmaceutical/drug product contract manufacturing sales and/or business development role.
- Minimum of 5 years of contract negotiations experience.
- Must be able to immediately establish high credibility factor with clients and internal plant management and have positive initial impact when meeting with key account management.
- Must have developed good financial, analytical skills, negotiation skills and both oral and written communication skills.
- Must possess both strong leadership and value add sales skills.
- Must be capable of understanding the nuances of complex manufacturing processes and AbbVie’s ability to differentiate from the competition in this area.
- Must be able to translate customers’ objectives and concerns for product development and manufacture to business opportunities for AbbVie.
- Ability to work independently within the defined guidelines from management.