BioPharma Solutions, a business unit of Baxter, partners with pharmaceutical companies to support their commercialization objectives by providing scientific expertise, sterile contract manufacturing solutions, parenteral delivery systems, and customized support services needed to meet the unique challenges that parenteral products face.
• Commitment to partnering
• Diverse experience with a variety of drug categories and parenteral delivery systems
• Scientific and manufacturing expertise, including our Lyophilization Center of Excellence
• Worldwide manufacturing capabilities
• Customized support services including formulation development and sales and marketing capabilities
• Experience with worldwide regulatory agencies
• Quality systems
Award-Winning Manufacturing, Global Presence
With more than 50 manufacturing facilities across six continents, Baxter’s global presence provides opportunities for unique manufacturing collaborations to provide the most value for our partners. The power of an extensive global network lies in the coordination of, and efficiencies resulting from, a systemic approach to cGMP manufacturing.
Recent industry achievements:
• 2013: CMO Leadership Awards (Life Science Leader Magazine), Recognized for Quality, Reliability, Productivity, Regulatory & Innovation
• 2012-2005: Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World (Baxter)
• 2012: Safebridge Certification: BioPharma Solutions’ Halle and Bielefeld facilities in Germany
are certified by SafeBridge doing both parenteral drug substance synthesis and parenteral
drug product manufacturing and testing.
• 2012-2010: Best Contract Manufacturing Organization, Vaccine Industry Excellence Awards
- 3 years in a row
• 2009: Most Effective Scale-Up/Technical Transfer for “Managing a Fast Track Project
in a cGMP Environment,” European Outsourcing Awards
Services, Technologies and Experience
As a parenterals specialist with over 80 years of expertise, BioPharma Solutions offers unique drug delivery systems and a variety of contract manufacturing form/fill/finish services and solutions for injectables designed to meet complex and traditional sterile manufacturing challenges. BioPharma Solutions provides our clients with confidence of delivery, service, and integrity - we know the work we do is ultimately vital to the patients you serve. Areas of expertise include:
Baxter’s heritage is built on over 80 years of innovation in healthcare, including a long list of “firsts.” As with the first manufacturer prepared intravenous (IV) solutions, Baxter continues to make history with life-saving and sustaining products.
Baxter’s Frozen and Liquid Premix Systems, and BIO-SET Luer System, provide a unique menu of packaging options to meet critical patient needs while growing your product's market advantage. Whether your product is new to market or firmly established, Baxter’s portfolio of parenteral delivery systems can create advantages even in crowded drug classes—and build long-lasting market differentiation.
• A history of innovation as the first company to introduce premixed drugs in IV containers
and the first company to form alliances with pharmaceutical companies to package their
drugs in IV containers
• Proven expertise with more than one billion sterile units manufactured per year
• An established clinician user base, providing a valuable distribution channel to help
expedite new product introductions, along with sales and marketing support services
• Global reach with marketing and manufacturing resources
• Full-service capabilities from development work through commercialization