Built on Thermo Fisher’s vacuum concentration technology, the upgraded Savant SpeedVac systems provide the choice of preset or custom-made programs for varying application needs. According to the company, the new vacuum concentrators achieve a reduced drying time and are compatible with a large number of solvents, helping to boost laboratory efficiency and productivity across an array of pharmaceutical, biotechnology, academic research, and other industrial applications. The Savant SpeedVac line of products consists of eight vacuum concentrators, ranging from a compact, integrated device designed for low-volume sample preparation, to medium-capacity models available in either integrated or modular designs, to large, modular systems addressing high-volume sample preparation needs.
The Savant SpeedVac portfolio includes:
· Model DNA130 – A compact, integrated system designed for low-volume preparation of samples, including nucleic acids, polymerase chain reaction (PCR) preps and synthetic oligonucleotides, to support DNA and RNA applications.
· Model SPD120 – A medium-capacity, modular system, resistant to aggressive solvents used in DNA and biological applications, such as methanol and acetonitrile w/0.1% trifluoroacetic acid (TFA). Also suitable for applications where freeze-drying or lyophilization is needed.
· Model SPD130DLX – A medium-capacity, modular system, resistant to aggressive solvents used in combinatorial chemistry applications, including TFA and dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO).
· Model SPD140DDA – A medium-capacity, modular system, used for drying aggressive organic solvents, strong acids, bases and combinatorial chemistry solvents.
· Models SDP1030 and SDP2030 – Medium-capacity, integrated systems, combining a concentrator, a refrigerated cold trap, a diaphragm pump and a vacuum gauge in a single, compact unit.
· Model SPD210 – A large-capacity, modular system, suitable for drying aqueous and organic solvents in large sample volumes.
· Model SPD300DDA – A large-capacity, modular system, used for drying aggressive organic solvents, strong acids, bases and combinatorial chemistry solvents in large sample volumes.